Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A rough week for Emily



Oh my sweet little baby has had a rough week :(
Started Monday evening with a fever. Took her to the doctor's yesterday and found out she has an ear infection, so we get her antibiotics - 3 xs a day for 10 days. We also talk about her persistent little cough that has been coming and going since like November, so they prescribe an inhaler for her that hooks up to this face-mask and chamber type of contraption that you need to hold on her face for 6 breaths 3 - 4 times a day as needed. So, fine enough, we're fixing her up and on her way to good health. Not so. To add a little insult to injury, or should I say injury to insult - Emily does a facer while kneeling on a chair at the craft table (with me standing 2 inches away-why does that always happen). Doesn't she just smack her mouth on the edge of the table and cut through her upper gum under her top lip, proceeding to bleed profusely all over herself, and me and my now-not-so-white hoody (don't you just love the detail I'm providing). I start having a complete freak out having Riley run and get me a towel, and then ice and then the phone, while she keeps repeating "Mommy, I'm scared, this is scaring me". While shaking and crying (me, not her) I call Kris, who doesn't answer, then Kerri who I wake up and who must have been in her foggy state wondering if this is some sort of April Fool's trick, or an actual call for help. Actually, she didn't even hesitate and offered to come right over, which she did. We made the decision to take her to Emerg. By this time Riley had completely forgotten that anything had happened and was completely immersed in a craft.
After waiting for 3 hours at the Children's Hospital (still in the waiting room), I finally got a hold of my dentist and after being told by the nurse that they wouldn't give her stitches and would recommend seeing a dentist anyway, I make the choice to go see her instead. Ya, my dentist had her in and out in 20 minutes. Comforted by the fact that it appears to be just a flesh wound, and told not to bother it, let it heal on its own and return for a check up in a couple of weeks, we head home just in time to gobble some food (hadn't eaten all day) before I had to go to work.
By the time a left, Emily was back to her regular self (besides the bloody goatee she keeps getting from sticking her bottom lip under her top lip).
I'll say it again. Rough week for Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.