Thursday, August 28, 2008

Daycare for Emily




Mixed emotions today. Emily has been accepted into Rowntree Park Early Childhood Learning Centre. It is a brand new facility that a long standing and well established company has created. I am excited about the facility, it is super nice. And I was also extremely pleased with the "educators" that will be caring for Emily and the programs they run, starting with the very young. But I am also very sad, having to leave my little baby and go back to work (thank goodness it is only part-time). Here is a glimpse of the facility. It is quite large, but inside it is set up wonderfully, with Emily in a smaller room with only 6 other babies. She has her own crib in a separate sleeping room and cubby to keep all of her belongings. We will be starting next week with a few introductory days where I will stay with her. Now our "grandma days" will be more relaxing, and we won't have to worry about anyone travelling in bad weather.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will have some teary days leaving her there in the beginning, but it looks bright a cheery and wonderful, she will probably grow to really love her days there!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.