Sunday, July 4, 2010

New House - continued...

So Saturday, we moved on to the basement - rec room/playroom. Wow, I didn't realized how many boxes there were to the playroom, before I knew it I had been unpacking down there for 3 hours!!! It was great though - a place for everything.

Kris tackled some stuff outside and worked on setting up the speaker system for the TV and connecting the house speakers to our small TV/Stereo receiver (instead of the big honking 2 piece receiver that was temporarily on our fireplace). I love having speakers in every room of the house, even up in the bedroom (with a handy little switch beside my bed if I want to switch it off) and outside.
The 10 boxes of china for the dining room were also put away, and now my buffet is beautifully layed out with my china only (all the other stuff that was cramming it before found a new home in the kitchen - I know you would love that grandma!!)
So after a morning of hard work, we wanted to enjoy the great day and have a little play. So after lunch we went straight for the pool (which was much warmer today!!)
I love the pool - and Emily is so excited that she can touch (on her tippy toes). It took a little bit for her to make the discovery. She had no interest in wearing the water wings, so initially she just held on to Kris. Then she wrapped a noodle around her and discovered she could hop on one foot. Then we blew up the lounge chair and Kris asked Riley if she wanted it. Well, Emily just threw the noodle away and started running towards it. We looked at each other and said "well I guess she can touch". From then on it was miss independent. She loved it, we couldn't get her out.




After our swim we decided it was time to add a fairy house to our fairy garden. So we gathered some rocks, twigs, fallen pine branches and flowers, picked a spot along the garden path and pieced together our first fairy house. Riley said that she was going to come see it every day and listen very hard for a fairy "jingle"!! So cute.




And we had one pooped out babe by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.