

Okay, so we met another mother of 2 at the neighbourhood park yesterday, and she told me about a Stroller Fit Club that she and a couple of her friends had started and asked if I wanted to join in. They meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30.
So, I told myself this morning that if I didn't go today I would probably never go, so I did. And I am so glad that I did. So I'm a little sore right now, and I might not have been able to entirely keep up with them, but I did it and it was great. For a group of girls who just kind of talked and put these mornings together themselves, it was so organized and professional. I told Sharon that she should be charging for it and advertising, cause she was unbelievable. Sharon is a physiotherapist and you can tell, these girls have their routine down pat, and she is right there helping people with form and encouraging etc. etc.
Okay, so before you say how hard could it be let me just give you the run down of what their routine entales.
We started off on the Thames River trail on Becher St. crossing the footbridge to Harris Park. We booted up the monster hill out of the park and then jogged to Blackfriars bridge. We parked the strollers, handed out snacks for the kids and climbed up and down the Central St. staircase 3 times. We proceded alone the trail doing the "mermaid walk" down the steep section of the path. On the next section of the trail we did a series of leg raises as we walked, then stopped near the tennis courts to do lunges and squats. We jogged down to Gibbon's Park(or if you were me walked really fast as Riley was my cheering section = faster mommy, faster, you can do it, they are getting farther infront of us, you have to catch them). I didn't predict that Riley would be my biggest motivater- handy.
Then it was break time while the girls played in the park, and we pushed the babies in the swings. Riley played with her new friends very nicely and had lots of fun.
After some park play it was time to head back. The focus now turned to our arms. We had hand weights and while pushing stollers with one hand, we did loads of different arm strengthening moves with our other hand, with Sharon filling me in on what we were doing next the entire time- it was like having my out personal trainer - for free - awesome.
Now that monster steep section that we came down was fast approaching. For the way up, we walked backward on our tiptoes - can I say calf burn!!! And when I thought I couldn't go any further we grapevined (sidestepped) all the way back to Harris park where the kids played once again while the moms used the babies for the "abs" workout. OMG. It was tough, but it was so much fun and it felt great. And the girls seemed to enjoy it too. I was hoping Emily would have fallen asleep, but she didn't and she was fine. So 2 hours later, we are back at our car and get home just in time for lunch. Woo Hoo!!
Okay, so maybe you didn't need to hear the entire play-by-play, but I thought that I should probably have it documented incase I ever want to do it without the group sometime and I don't have coach Sharon leading the way.
Good Times.
Wow! What a fabulous idea! And here I am complaining that I can't take Clara out for walks in her stroller any more 'cos we live on a hill now! Hah!
ReplyDelete