Sunday, June 22, 2008

How can they be so different?





Okay, tell me this, how can 2 little girls who come from exactly the same place, be so totally and completely different. One so particular that she needs to use a fork to eat her fruit so her hands don't get sticky, and the other, well see for yourself.
This is day 2 of the all out complete rejection of the all important utensil - The Spoon!!! New to me (though not new to my friend Jane). How do you manage to feed a baby who doesn't even want to look at a spoon. Whereas Riley still at age 3, loves when somewhen "helps" her eat (ie. feeds her), Emily wants complete and total control. The picture with the slimey face was yesterday at breakfast, that is how she ended up after a full on battle with the spoon to get the baby food into her, that is when I gave up. For lunch that day I chopped up some cooked apple and beans, which she thoroughly enjoyed shovelling in her mouth. Supper, I chopped up the pasta/chicken/vegatable dish that we were eating (after trying to give her mushy peas and pablum) and she gulped that down too. So now comes morning - who do I get in her ever necessary "iron-fortified" baby cereal. Well, after another failed attempt with the spoon, I just plopped some extra-thick cereal onto her tray, and though messy, it dissappeared, along with chopped up peaches. So now my creative juices need to get flowing, cause I'm going to have to come up with some creative stuff to get this girl to eat. (Cindy, I know you are cringing - don't worry, when you have a baby, I'm sure she will never ever get food anywhere else but in her mouth -or he).
Rileyism of the day: Said at Mark and Kim's house on Wednesday (to Kim in the bathroom, and previously noted at Uncle Steve and Aunt Moira's last month)"oooohh, your bathroom is GOLDEN, golden here, golden there, golden everyone, my bathroom is not golden." (in reference to golden door knobs and fixtures).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.