Sunday, July 6, 2008

Still Busy!!!

Okay, you need to read the post below first. I had to split it in 2 parts, because it was getting so long, that I didn't think anyone would be able to get through it all in one shot. That is what we did 2 weeks ago, now this is what we did last week. It doesn't really slow down that much.

July 1st - HAPPY CANADA DAY

Okay, so we did have one day of rest. Then Grandma Mary and Papa Rick came down for Canada. We made the traditional "Canada Day" cake, and Kris fabbed up some great "Canadian Maple Burgers" - delish!! We had a backyard day, which was totally needed, and we did the car swap (we had borrowed their van for our trip.) We didn't get down to any parades or anything, so Riley and Kris decided to put on their own. It was a fun day.



Wed, July 2nd

Splash Pad and Park Fun. Took the girls to the park today, Riley really just needed to do some running around. It was loads of fun, they are both water babies.



Thursday, July 3rd.
Took the girls to Sunfest Today. It is an annual Multicultural Festival in London basically filled with food, music and booths. Kris and I did halvsies today. He played 9 holes after work, then I went out for dinner with the Girls and then back to Sunfest after to wander around. We ate a Jambalaya on the patio. I love this little place with it's Carribean flare - I always order the Curry Vegetable Roti - it is the best.
Had to add the too cute picture of Emily that Riley took.



Friday, July 4th - Happy Independence Day to all of our American Family and Friends - Riley represented.

Actually spent most of Friday at home - I think. Got the sprinkler out and Riley had some fun. Then we had our Pizza night on our front porch and shared a cocktail with our neihbours. There was some tree cutting going on along Lyndhurst Place. After a tree fell down down the street during a storm into one of our neighbours houses, the city came and determined that the tree next door (which was leaning vicariously over the front of our house)was dangerous and needed to come down too. Riley thought it was all very interesting and had to watch the entire procedure.





Okay, I was totally wrong!! We didn't stay home Friday, we went to a pool party in the morning - a really great pool party actually. All the moms from dinner Thursday night and all of our little kiddies went out to a friends in Aylmer. The weather was so great too, probably one of the nicest days of the entire year!!
On that note, since my brain has decided it is not going to function anymore tonight, I will finish the post here. You will have to wait until tomorrow to hear about our exciting weekend!!! I'm telling you, the fun just didn't stop.
Just have to say a few Happy Birthdays to my very special neice Lauren who turned 7 on the 5th. And a shout out to my dear friend Julie, who is spending her 33rd birthday 2 weeks shy of delivering her second child - Happy Birthday (not that you ever go on the computer to read this).

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.