Sunday, July 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, we have been soooooo super busy and I have done so much in the last few weeks that I have no idea where to start. Normally, I would just skip it just start posting from today, but we have had so much fun that I have to share. So I will start where I left off. Feel free to just browse past, or else you may have to get comfortable to get through this novel.

Monday June 23rd - Off to Quebec City!!!
We made it through our 11 hour drive quite swimmingly actual - Riley has definitely upped her colouring skills over this trip, and I never thought we would be working on a sticker book for 5 continuous hours, but it can be done.

Tuesday June 24th - Canyon St. Anne.
We spent a fantastic day in the great outdoors taking on the adventure trail at the canyon. The huge water falls were cool, as were the suspension bridges crossing the canyon at the height of 180Ft above the water. Never thought I was afraid of heights until now. Something about swaying on a tiny bridge over rushing water with my children in tow, was enough to almost make me toss my cookies. Poor Riley had fingerprint indentations in her hand when we reached the other side from me squeezing so hard. She was like, what is your problem mom. Definetly a great place to check out though if you are ever in the area.




Wednesday, June 25th
We spent the day in Old Quebec, sorry Veiux Quebec. It is seriously one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to. It is the 400y anniversary of the city so there was lots to do. The biggest celebration in Quebec like ever. I made the mistake of calling it a "festival" to the guy at the tourist information, and he was seriously pissed, cause it is soooo much more than a festival - sorry. Riley had her face painted - her favorite thing to do, and she loved all of the street performances that were going on everywhere.




a
Hilarious to see what a 3 year old is like at the end of a long day!!!!


Thursday, June 26
Okay, I am just going with the basics here, cause there is alot to cover, and I don't want everyone to get too bored. But there are three things that you must know about this trip. First, how amazing it was to have Auntie Kerri there with us, she was so fantastic with the girls and such an unbelievable help, that it will be a trip to be remembered forever. Secondly, how so well behaved the girls truly were the whole entire time, it made the trip such a blast. And last but not least, how many really side stitching hilarious moments of laughter we had on this trip, some of which has been ever-so-careful documented in wonderful prose, which I may share with you at the end of this 20 page post. Anyway, back to Thursday - the Aquarium. Rained, which sucked, but most of us didn't care, a lot of this was indoors anyway. Kris took off for the day (and night) to hand with the boys. As we know, this trip revolved around Brocker's wedding, and Kris was a proud groomsman. They had to have their day of golf and drinking followed by the bachelor party and more drinking. So we had a girls day. After Nellie (which we aptly named my mom's GPS) got us to the aquarium in about 10 turns in 45 seconds, we got to hang out with the fish and the seals and the polar bears. Riley really liked the hands on exibit where she could touch the starfish, and for some reason the tiny little room which showed one of those wildlife documentary films. All and all pretty good day, too bad it rained though, they had a killer playground there and splash pad - which Riley went in in her raincoat anyway. By the time we got back to our Hotel the rain had stopped, so we spent some time in the pool, and in the room so Riley could get back to her latest addiction - colouring.







Friday, June 27th
We did a hotel switch today from the Sheraton to the Chateau Bonne Entante where the wedding was taking place. (great hotel).
Kerri hung out at the hotel with the girls, they had a good little play area for kids, and would have been a fantastic pool, except for some reason it decided to drop down to like 16 degrees, plus for some unknown reason there was no stroller access!?!? Kris and I went back to Old Quebec for the rehearsal and dinner. They were married at the beautiful Notre Damme Cathedral. If you see a crab in the pictures, I don't know the story, but apparently this thing has travel far and wide with these boys, and frankly if it involves a crab, I don't think I want to know the story.


Sat. June 28th
Wedding Day. We all went down to the wedding, girls included, then headed back to the hotel. Kerri stayed with the girls, while we went to the reception and received our lifetime dose of French. After the speeches, and their translations, it was a fabulous night, fabulous food, fabulous dancing. Riley was introduced to room service, which she thought was the coolest thing like ever, and she was also treated to a manicure and pedicure from her fantastic Auntie. A great end to a great trip.






We would like to thank Kerri for the following prose - a beautiful verse, with a little input and a lot of laughs during production. (ADVANCED READERS GUIDE)

Quebec City 2008

We’re off to Quebec City for Brocker’s big day
A long journey ahead and as Riley would say “play, play, play!”
The van is packed with nothing left to do,
Who’d of thought our first stop would be in Woodstock for a false alarm poo!
The drive is going smoothly until what should appear.
A wobbly cement mixer that Keri would fear
SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! So we can speed past
Cuz that crazy truck is going too fast!
We’re heading east on Aut 20, we’re more than halfway
Is that street gang from Drummondville, or south central L.A.?
We arrived to the Sheraton all safe and sound,
The girls were off to bed and the Kerri’s were hot tub bound!
The next day we were off to hike canyon Ste. Anne,
But when we got there Riley wanted to “go back in Grandma Mary’s van”


Kris slams on the brakes for a yellow, then red,
But when it comes to a crow he just says “You’re Dead!”
An evening of sibling bonding and a bit of putt putt
“Hey Kris, look at that guy scratching his butt!”
“He’s digging, he’s scratching, then “finger in the ring”
Perhaps it’s an accepted Frenchman thing?
We laughed till we cried, then went up to our beds,
Hoping to get that aweful image out of our heads
…..
A beautiful city it sets such a mood
Who’d of thought it would be so difficult to find some fast food?
“I’m angry, I’m mad, I’m beginning to sulk,”
“Give me some food or you’ll for sure see the HULK!”
A visit to the Parc Aquarium was Thursday’s plan,
Ole Nelly was tough on the girls in the van
Turn left, quick right were the directions she barked
Keri was a bit stressed and couldn’t wait to get parked
We saw all the fish and were having such fun,
But in the end it was Debbie Downpour who won!
Friday is here and hotels we must switch,
Off to the Bonne Entente without a glitch!

Too be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.