Sunday, April 13, 2008






What I nice day with the girls. After I pulled myself together and apologizing for sleeping in, Amber, Cindy, Julie and I gathered together and headed out to the Auberge. As promised, we were greeted with warm croissants and mimosas we were sent off with a group of about 10 and started off in the belly dancing room. Now some pretty hilarious pictures were taken here by Julie (unfortunately not on my camera), so as soon as I get the picks I'll post, because it was a seriously funny event. I've never done anything like this, and since I'm a terrible dancer, and have no body rhythm I don't think I really excel at belly dancing. But much to my pleasure, there were no mirrors in the room, so I went crazy and gave it my all. (kind of that if I can't see myself looking like a fool, I must not look like a fool thing - though there was quite a bit of laughter coming from my friends which I think was often directed at me.) It was actually quite a work-out, Amber snuck out and snatched us some more mimosas to cool us down (who needs water, when there is champagne and orange juice).
Up next we went upstairs to the "tea room" for our little lesson on tea. Very informative (if not a little to formal - a-la-history class). We did some tea tasting. I enjoyed the Lady Grey and the Oolong tea. For those watching their cholesterol or looking to lower their blood pressure (ie. mom), Oolong tea is said to do both, plus it is yummy. We stayed in the tea room for lunch, which was also quite enjoyable.
After lunch we went down for the baking demonstration. Chocalate, Orange souffle and carrot cake were the 2 things she made. The souffle didn't go over to well with the girls. Amber thought it was like pouring chocolate over your scrambled eggs- ha, ha! Memorable quote of the day from Amber "you know how much I love chocolate, I never thought that anything could ruin chocolate for me - well somehow she just managed to ruin it." Personally I thought is was good, and would have probably enjoyed it even more if I hadn't just ate quiche for lunch.
We were too full to eat any more carrot cake, but we did take over the wisk from the icing bowl - who doesn't love carrot cake icing.
We ended our day with manicures, which pretty much just became a fantastic gossip session with the girls because we were all sitting together. It gave us the much needed time to catch up, chit-chat and make each other laugh. This picture makes it look like we were being all serious, but we rarely weren't.
Anyway, thank you so much girls, escpecially to Cindy - you crazy girl, for making this such a fantastic day. I love you all so much. Sex and the City comes out on May 30th - so we will see you all then!!!! Cindy, keep your eyes on the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.