Well, moving Emily out of our room into her crib seemed okay at first, but with her still getting up at least 3 times in the night is so much different, when you can't just roll over, pick her up and feed her or snuggle her. This 'having to get out of bed and calm her down by rocking her or feeding her and then putting her back in her crib and trying to escape back to our own bed with hopes of falling back asleep ourselves thing' is just no fun at all. It is starting to turn up the cranky dial in our house, and I fear we are all turning into walking zombies.
-BUT-
Could there be progress?!?!? I don't want to speak to soon, but at naptime this afternoon, I put her in her crib awake but tired. She just made talking noises for a while, then a little bit of crying, then louder crying, so after 5 minutes of this I went up to see her. She was on her side, holding her tiny teddy. Instead of picking her up, I offered the soother (which shockingly she took), turned on the aquarium, and rubbed her back for a few minutes and voila, asleep. And without being swaddled. That was 45 minutes ago, hopefully she will sleep a little longer. Hopefully I can ease her into falling asleep on her own so that we won't have to get up all of the time. Fingers crossed, it won't be too long before we can get more than a few hours of sleep at a time.
I hear you!! We have had the same problems with Clara, she's been a terrible sleeper. The last 2 weeks have been an improvement, though she still doesn't sleep through the night and I have to stay up to feed her at 11pm to hopefully keep her asleep until 5am, but some nights she'll sleep until 6. Our house is tired and grumpy too! We still have the crib in our room, but are thinking of moving her soon, before we move and she's in a strange room in a strange apartment. Keep working at it! I recommend the Raffi Quiet Time CD - knocks her (and us!) out! Good luck!!! :)
ReplyDelete