Ok this is Jay. Normally, as a desperate Canadian, I could cling to the Canadian-invented measurement of true Olympic glory - Medals per capita. Medals per capita (the number of medals per citizen) always had Australia winning the gold and Canada winning the silver. Alas, we can cling to this fabricated statistic no longer. While we are 12th in the medals standings, we have actually fallen to 12th in the medals per capita ranking - one medal for every 2.214 million people. This is behind powerhouse countrie such as Kazakhstan, Jamaica, and Belarus. Unfortunately, I see only one solution to this tragedy. I will now apply for my American citizenship.
Ok this is Jay. Normally, as a desperate Canadian, I could cling to the Canadian-invented measurement of true Olympic glory - Medals per capita. Medals per capita (the number of medals per citizen) always had Australia winning the gold and Canada winning the silver. Alas, we can cling to this fabricated statistic no longer. While we are 12th in the medals standings, we have actually fallen to 12th in the medals per capita ranking - one medal for every 2.214 million people. This is behind powerhouse countrie such as Kazakhstan, Jamaica, and Belarus. Unfortunately, I see only one solution to this tragedy. I will now apply for my American citizenship.
ReplyDelete