Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Pianist




Riley put on quite the show yesterday. Unless she has friends over and they are all bangin' on the piano, I must say, it usually doesn't even get a second glance. But yesterday was the first time I would say that Riley actually sat and "played" the piano, and it kept her attention for nearly an hour. Now when I say "played", that of course would be the "Riley way" of playing. You see, she is all about doing things her own certain way. So "Riley playing" consists of stopping to count all of the notes that are along that line of music, and then playing that number of notes on the piano - random keys of course. I must say, it actually wasn't that painful to listen to, not at all painful actually. Just the right tempo, and since she does the 1 finger playing, it was at a tolerable decibel as well. Once she got into it she was up and down the keyboard from the lowest note, all the way to the highest - stopping in between to slide herself down the piano bench so that she could reach. She is always quite entertaining. Then she added other instruments - "now I am going to play like a maraca, or now I am going to play like a xylophone". She was very proud of herself I think.
We battled the cold yesterday, and headed down to Gibbon's Park, after finding out that the playgroup was cancelled. We didn't last too long, but had a chance to play for a bit. Emily loves other babies, she just can't get enough of them. Here she is practically attacking her little friend Emmitt who is 2 weeks her elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.