Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tracy.


It was a tragic week this week to find out that Tracy Gascoine (Moorehead) lost her battle with breast cancer. Tracy was such a remarkable woman, an amazing mother, sister, friend and daughter. I have known Tracy as long as my memory takes me. I looked up to Tracy, she was my friends big sister, and my brother's friend, and we shared the same birthday, which I always thought was pretty cool. I have never known anyone to seem as comfortable in her own skin as Tracy, a trait that I aspire to have, but know I will never likely obtain. She was always so natural and beautiful, completely honest and extremely humerus. She has a voice and a laugh that I will never forget (especially when she said "Cindy" in that kind of fed-up big sister kind of way - often when we were up to no good). It is hard to know what to say when someone you care about has gone, I certainly don't know what the right thing to do or to say is, but if I was to take a queue from Tracy, it would be to just say what I'm thinking. Cindy is one of my longest and closest friends whom I hope to be close with forever. To even remotely understand how she is going to go on from here, I can't. Sisters often have a bond that cannot be compared. I have 2 young daughters about the same age difference as Tracy and Cindy, and I couldn't imagine them ever being without one another. I also have a mother, who lost her older sister, and I know that her friends have been there for her to guide her through - or often just to occupy her time. Cindy, has an amazing group of friends and a wonderful family, fabulous parents, a beautiful niece, son and husband who all hold Tracy close at heart and who will always be there for Cindy. Tracy was an inspiration to us all with her confidence, her fighting attitude, her perseverance her "just tell me what I need to do and I will do it" approach. We love you Tracy, we'll miss you.
This photo was taken on Sept. 30, 2000 at Jay and Jacqui's wedding in Texas, we had such a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.