Well not so much of a new job, than an additional job. But when you add on a job like this, it seems like more of a pleasure than a burden. I am still working my same Wednesday to Friday at the hospital, and hopefully that won't change. But I was approached and asked if I would be interested in doing some scanning at a clinic in Aylmer. I could set up clinics with as many patients and for as many hours as I'd like, at times that would work for me. And as frequently as I wanted as well. So in the last month I've worked on a Wednesday morning and a Saturday morning from 7:30 until 10:30 with an hour of travel time. It is about a 1/2 drive each way, but on meandering country roads, so actually quite nice. The clinic is in a lovely facility in a quaint small community. Both times I have gone the sun has been shining, and I've been home before lunch. The atmosphere at the clinic is very laid back, and Laurie, the technologist that owns the clinic is a pleasure to work for. So for now, I'll probably go in about twice a month. If at a later time, I wish to do more, they would love it and accomodate for it. I'm quite happy that I looked into this opportunity, it really seems to be a good fit.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
New Job
Well not so much of a new job, than an additional job. But when you add on a job like this, it seems like more of a pleasure than a burden. I am still working my same Wednesday to Friday at the hospital, and hopefully that won't change. But I was approached and asked if I would be interested in doing some scanning at a clinic in Aylmer. I could set up clinics with as many patients and for as many hours as I'd like, at times that would work for me. And as frequently as I wanted as well. So in the last month I've worked on a Wednesday morning and a Saturday morning from 7:30 until 10:30 with an hour of travel time. It is about a 1/2 drive each way, but on meandering country roads, so actually quite nice. The clinic is in a lovely facility in a quaint small community. Both times I have gone the sun has been shining, and I've been home before lunch. The atmosphere at the clinic is very laid back, and Laurie, the technologist that owns the clinic is a pleasure to work for. So for now, I'll probably go in about twice a month. If at a later time, I wish to do more, they would love it and accomodate for it. I'm quite happy that I looked into this opportunity, it really seems to be a good fit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.