Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Wednesday Ritual

For something that we do EVERY Wednesday, I realized that I have not once documented it, nor spoken much about it. I'm talking about our trips to Landon Library. Each week we pick up books, DVDs or videos, and often music. The reason we go every Wednesday: you can only take out movies for 1 week. So to ensure a $0 balance in late charges, we have started to make it part of our routine. We usually stay for about an hour, sometimes longer if the girls so desire. It is actually a pretty good setup. Usually we pick out some favorites online earlier in the week so they are waiting for us on the HOLD shelf with our name on it, but often Riley browses the shelves and chooses a title that appeals to her. I think it was the LOL book report program she had enrolled in last summer (which we miss very much)that sparked her interest. Anyway, here are some pics of the usual activities:

They play at the train table.

Emily has fun at the bead table.

Riley absorbs herself in the educational computer games.

And at the end of it all, my little helper pulls a stool up to the checkout counter and scans all of the items that we are taking home (her favorite part). This is often followed by a librarian telling her how beautiful her hair is and giving her a sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.