
Hard to believe that Kris and I celebrated our 9th Wedding Anniversary on May 5th. Seems like it was yesterday that we tied the knot, though so much has happened since then. The two children and the buying of our second house together are reminders of how much time has actually passed. Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate the day as we should have. Kris worked during the day and we high-fived at the door and I worked that night. Actually, I am exaggerating, He came home a little early that day carrying a beautiful bouqet of flowers and we actually were able to spend a few minutes together before I had to rush out the door.
So as in the years past, we purchase a traditional wedding gift for each other, something to keep and treasure. For the 9th anniversary these are gifts of Pottery and Willow. The associations of willow include natural, durable and flexible (I suppose qualities needed for a good marriage). As far as pottery goes, it's meaning seems more significant - "Though potentially breakable, if handled gently, fired pottery can last through the ages."
So we picked up a great large ceramic vase and filled it with several large curly willow branches.
Perfect for our new home.
Kerri and Darren were great to come over Friday night and look after the girls so that we could officially celebrate. Kris took me out to Aroma Meditteranean Restaurant (one of my faves in London). We had a table in the wine cellar which was really cool and there was live music - A girl playing an Er Hu Chinese Violin, which was really beautiful, followed by a little opera. It was such a nice night - great food. Too bad we ate too much, really, we ate toooo much.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.